We are looking for our multinational start up client passionate software engineers to join their Hungarian product team in creating high-quality, innovative and performant apps to support their business and drive their growth.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Proven work experience working as a software engineer or developer for at least 4 years.
- Experience working as part of an agile team, participating in code reviews and working with CI/CD pipelines.
- If you work on the back-end experience in developing large web applications with NodeJs is required and knowledge about microservice architectures is preferred. Any experience in AWS services is a plus (think Lambdas with API Gateways, managing a cluster of EC2s via ECS/Fargate).
- If you have experience on the other end its a plus but not a requirement, we dont need you to be full-stack.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field is preferred.
- If you dont tick all boxes dont worry, solid fundamentals with systems, troubleshooting, teamwork, and a strong track record of relevant work experience are all you need to apply!
What they’re working on lately:
- An event-based scheduling service that securely sets unique smart lock codes through multiple IoT APIs.
- Highly performant internal apps, UIs, and automation for their Guest Experience team to be able to tackle the most peculiar challenges of day to day operations.
- Syncing data between their services and multiple booking channels, implementing their APIs and ensuring high data consistency.
- A mobile-first, progressive web app using service workers for scheduling housekeeping and maintenance jobs.
- A front-end design library in Storybook for documenting their components, patterns and layouts that their two design systems define.
Perks and benefits:
- Work remotely or from their office located in Budapest as part of a local team of 15.
- Take part in team events, happy hours and company lunches.
- Home office equipment and laptop budget.
- Ability to work with high autonomy and without too much bureaucratic overhead.
- A fully covered trip to their HQ in San Francisco to visit the rest of the team and participate in team events.
- They dont accrue vacation, they encourage people to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that its not disruptive to their work. They provide accommodation support for travel.
- Their meetings are based on slightly shifted Hungarian work hours to have more facetime with the US team but generally, people work whenever and wherever they are the most productive.