One of europes insurance and financial services groups is looking for a Data engineer. They provide top-quality products and services in the fields of IT Services and Operations.
- Work closely with our Service Assurance team and other groups in the organization to make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per SLA defined
- Designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data (Terabytes)
- Recommend and implement best practices for performance, maintainability and development of PostgreSQL BI/DWH databases including partitioning, indexing, materialized view strategy.
- Capacity planning, SQL analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance.
- Plan and execute database migrations
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating routine and DBA tasks
- Organize know how transfer to BI & BD operations team
- Responsible for 3rd level support
- Collaborate with DMS team – engineering team for Exadata / Oracle Database / ZFS SA / Change Data Capture
- 3+ years PosgreSQL experience
- Deep knowledge on SQL, PL/pgSQL is a must
- Experience working with and troubleshooting PostgreSQL 11 and 10 databases
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL in Linux environment
- Understanding of PostgreSQL internals
- Fluent English written and spoken other language skills are a plus
- Experience with databases deployments in cloud
- Familiar with container technologies as such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Competitive salary package according to candidates knowledge and competences
- Annual financial bonus – based on individual targets
- Wide package of certified trainings
- Possibility to develop existing and new skills
- Support of work-life balance