As a Data Scientist, youll be working on one of the worlds largest and most unique databases of natural responses to video stimuli. Your role will be to help develop new models and metrics that relate video content, human responses and various performance indicators. You will have the opportunity to develop machine learning pipelines, build models and inform decision-making using statistics and analytics. You will work both within a Data Science chapter (long-term R&D), as well as embedded within a cross-functional product squad to support the development of future and present capabilities of a cutting-edge B2B product that received multiple innovation awards in 2020 and 2021.
your responsibilities will be:
- Explore flesh out new features by proposing candidate solutions to customer problems, defining hypotheses and testing them with data (A/B tests, secondary analysis of existing data, predictive modelling). This work will be within a cross-functional squad comprising of a product manager, engineers, UX/web-dev developers working in an Agile framework.
- Discover work iteratively on a machine learning pipeline built to relate characteristics of content (video, audio, text, etc.), audiences (demographics), context (device, time of day etc.) with viewer responses (attention and emotions). This work will be within the data science chapter and will be in collaboration with other data scientists. There are also other similar opportunities within the team that may be worked on individually.
- Visualize and Communicate results present and communicate your findings to colleagues, other teams, C-level executives and strategic partners or customers.
to be successful in this role, you need to have:
- 3 years of professional experience as a Data Scientist or Analyst. Youll need to have solid background in Statistics (estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, Experimental Design) & Computer Sciences (algorithmic, programming)
- Experience in creating metrics, analyzing data, working with different data sources/bases, using tools like Jupiter Notebook, Plotly and experience with cloud
- A team-mindset. We work in cross functional scrum teams and are dependent on each other. Your contribution to the team and to the company is essential for our success.
- You should be able to transform your research and analysis into product code. Python coding skills are essential for us. You should be used to working with Git and be familiar peer reviews. your code.
- Have the ability to link data to our business goals and tell a story with using visualizations
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or Econometrics
We´d love to meet you if you are:
- Naturally curious, are able to handle ambiguity and put structure to your work.
- Business-oriented you strive to understand the needs of the business goals and translate these into innovative ideas with realistic deadlines, practical solutions and ability to deliver results from early concepts to production. You are driven by the needs of our business scientific and technological innovations are your means.
- Skilled communicator can distil your data analysis and complex ideas to make them universally understandable to any audience. You pay attention to detail and are willing to explain the obvious.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- If you also have these, even better
- – Familiarity with Python packages like Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Plotly, OpenCV, NTLK.
- – Nice to have Tensorflow, Flask/Django
- – Experience with programming languages like Python.
- – Nice to have HTML/CSS/JS knowledge
- – Experience with AWS, SageMaker/Jupyter Notebook, Unix
- – Experience with multiple data sources like SQL, MongoDB, Dreamio/Athena
- – A PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Econometrics or any related field
What we offer:
- full-time position with a competitive salary
- a great opportunity to work in a young but well-established international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact
- life insurance and 100% paid sick leave
- working from home option and supporting all the necessary equipment for home office – office table, chair, monitor etc.
- strong benefit package including subsidized gym membership, mental health allowance, frequent online and offline team-building and social events,
- new Oculus Quest 2 VR headset to all our employees for virtual meetings and playing games.