As a frontend engineer, you will sit on a product team developing AI, ML, and optimization products that are of strategic importance to the firm. You will partner with our product managers, researchers, and stakeholder teams to develop front end applications that facilitate the use of our models and analytics within a larger, integrated workflow. You will own the development of the front-end code, including developing application structure, styling, and business logic on the front end. You will also be responsible for developing automated unit and integration tests for all front end code developed.
- Develop front end applications according to specifications provided via wireframes.
- Structure and style pages according to spec using HTML, CSS, SCSS, etc.
- Test all code developed using robust unit tests and automated integration tests.
- A bachelors, masters, or PhD in computer science or similar software engineering focused major. A second major, minor, or degree in an adjacent quantitative discipline, such as math, engineering, or physics is a plus.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing frontend applications in a professional setting.
- Proficiency in structuring and styling pages using HTML, CSS, and modern styling technologies such as SCSS, SASS, etc.
- Experience in data visualization using frontend libraries such as D3, Plotly, etc. is a major plus.
- Proficiency in front end testing technologies such as Jest, React testing library, Selenium, etc.
- Background in finance will be looked upon favorably but is not a requirement.