Our Swiss based client is looking for a System Engineer.
Architect, design, build, implement, improve and support scalable Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions.
- Explore technology options, create practical proposals and lead the technical migration of infrastructure components from the companys on-premises datacenter to the Azure cloud.
- Own key cloud operational metrics maximize application performance, increase availability, reduce technology risks, stabilize critical platform services, and optimize costs.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd level support for technical troubleshooting, document processes & best practices, create & maintain knowledge articles, and regularly train helpdesk staff.
- Partner with internal / external technical teams and functional counterparts to drive continuous infrastructure modernization, eliminate bottlenecks and enable business growth.
- Assist in vendor management processes for project work and ongoing operational support.
- Contribute to policies & guidelines that govern cloud deployment processes and enable standardized maintenance services.
- Collaborate with IT security professionals to define, document, enforce, and audit overall cloud security support regular testing exercises and remediate findings.
- 5+ years technical experience in Windows Server and SQL Server engineering across geographically dispersed and virtualized enterprise environments
- 2+ years hands-on experience in medium+ complexity Azure migration projects (lift-and-shift, re-factoring and / or re-platforming)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / IT Engineering or an equivalent industry proficiency with both practical and theoretical domain knowledge relevant Azure / Microsoft certifications are a definite plus
- Practical expertise in configuring, managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory services and Hybrid AD environments
- Detailed knowledge of basic Azure offerings (including SQL database services) and demonstrated willingness to learn new capabilities, introduce new features
- Good communication skills, fluency in English, practical experience with virtual teamwork and cross-country collaboration in an international / multi-cultural business environment, reliability, thoroughness, analytical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills (even under pressure) and focus on results.
- Competitive base remuneration determined by actual experience and skills.
- Fringe benefits complementary to the base remuneration (cafeteria, 13th month salary, bonus, health insurance).
- Flexible working hours with Home Office possibility.
- Working together with a dynamic team of IT professionals.
- Great working conditions catalyzing professional development.
- Opportunity to learn diverse technology platforms and industry standard solutions.